Friday, August 6, 2010

Shippin' up to Boston...for an interview!!!

Sorry for all the short posts lately...to those of you who are still actually reading my blog. I have been so super busy, as I keep saying! So this morning I woke up and was feelling all motivated (mostly motivated by nerves!) because I had a phone interview for a job at the Boston Children's Museum. I was trying to stay busy until 11:30 when my interview was because I was nervous...and man, I think I should be nervous more often, because I got so much done! First I added color, font, animation and timings to the power point my group made. It looked pretty cool when I was done, and hopefully the group will be happy because I was able to consolidate it down from 11 slides to 6. The max for the project is supposed to be 5, hopefully the teacher will let 1 slide..well, slide. Haha...That's a bit of computer humor for my computer geek boyfriend who I love so much...hehe love you Bryan! Haha...anyway, I also applied for maybe 6 jobs and then took a break and read some of the book I am reading: Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult...she is an awesome author! Anyway, I was feeling depressed because I counted 48 jobs that I had applied for on SchoolSpring since about May, and probably 20 more that I had applied to through other sites. Thats 68 jobs, and I had one phone interview, which, by the way I don't think will be the job for me because the pay is worse than what I get now and there are no benefits...and for those of you who know how much I make now, you know I could NOT possibly survive on my own on any less. Lol. Anyway, I typed this message into facebook saying how I was feeling down about not getting any interviews from the 68 jobs I applied for. I pushed "post" and as soon as it posted my phone rang. It was the principal of a school in Boston asking me to come in for an interview! She has a 1st grade position available and my friend who used to work there had recommended me to her. I have an interview on Monday at 11, which explains the title of my post, I am going to Boston...probably I will leave early tomorrow morning and go to Bryan's parents house, because that's where he will be. Then on Sunday I will go back to my apt. and get ready for the interview. Eeek! Wish me luck! I'm going to have lunch now and then go out for a long bike ride to clear my mind and practice interview questions in my head while I ride..yes, I'm a dork, I know. Haha. I am hoping to ride to my sisters house and back, which is about 20 miles...20 very very hilly miles...let's hope I make it through the heat and humidity! Anyway, off to have some spicy pad thai for lunch...yum yum!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear about the grade one position opening up. Don't forget to tell them that you have a lot of experience in grade one. That you repeated it 3 times. haha. All kidding aside, good luck, I hope you get it.

    Are you coming to the beer run and payne-a-poolza?

    B

    Weird how you found a boyfriend with the name Bryan that is spelt like mine with a Y. Was his real name Robert and in order for him to date you he had to change it to Bryan. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats exactly it...I told him I would only date him if he changed his name. Yeah, it really complicates things because if I mention him on here then I have to say "my boyfriend Bryan" or I have to say "my triathlete friend Bryan" for you...haha...I want to come to Payne-a-palooza...but unfortunately I don't think it's gonna happen because I just got the job and I have to be around to prepare....plus I don't have a passport! But I am hoping I can come next year!!

    ReplyDelete