Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday night...pizza, salad and a lesbian chick flick

So this week was kind of the week from hell. Let me begin with the budget meeting we had on Tuesday. Our principal broke the news to us that our district has to cuz 7 million dollars next year, which adds up to about 6 teachers from every elementary school in the district. Now, this doesn't mean I am going to lost my job. Why? Because I don't actually have a teaching job yet! But, it does mean that there is absolutely NO chance I will get a teaching job next year. This is depressing, because not only does it mean I have to now redo my resume for the third year in a row and apply to a bajillion jobs, but it also means I have to make new friends, meet new people and establish myself at a new school. This pretty much sucks. And also one of my friends that I have become pretty close with is moving away at the end of the year. This super sucks.

Aside from the budget meeting, I had a student in my class who managed to punch another kid in the penis one day, spent time in the principal's office for it and then proceeded to punch another kid the next day and spend more time in the principal's office. Awesome.

I also started weight watchers again this week, which makes for a grumpy Lauren anyway. My body is trying to get used to not eating as many calories as I was before, and so I feel hungry constantly. Add to that the emotional eating that I usually do and it adds up to a bad time.

Tonight I was supposed to see D, but he wasn't feeling well, so he went home after work and went to bed. This meant that I was alone, and not just alone, but lonely. My mom, dad, sister and niece are all at my parents' house hanging out and they all went out to dinner tonight. I soooo wish I was there, I miss them all alot and I hate missing out on fun family things like that, the little things that make life fun. At this point, I should probably explain the title of this post. The pizza and salad part are pretty self explanatory, although kind of a silly story to go along with it. So I was sooo excited to come home today and take a nap, and I came home and got in bed, snuggled down and was feeling so nice and cozy. I quickly fell asleep, and woke up about 20 minutes later feeling like my bladder was going to explode. I HATE waking up and having to pee. It is helpful when that happens in the morning and I have to get up anyway, but when I have just fallen asleep it is extremely frustrating! So anyway, I dragged myself out of bed and stumbled into the bathroom to pee. I climbed back into bed and snuggled back into nearly the same exact spot I was in before, happy, I may add, because my bed had retained the warmth that my body had generated while I was sleeping. I layed there for about ten minutes not falling asleep. Finally I gave up and turned on the tv and layed there in the dark watching tv for probably another hour and a half. So, needless to say my nap was a failure.

After a while I started to get hungry, but I was too lazy to get up and get something to eat, so I just layed there getting grumpier and grumpier and grumpier and feeling bad for myself. I called my mom, I texted my sister, I texted my friend and I talked to D on the phone. He said he was going to go home and go to bed, so then I figured I really did need to eat because he wasn't coming over to save me from feeling bad for myself. This is where the pizza and salad comes in. I really didn't feel like cooking (because cooking for one person, especially on a Friday night is really depressing), so I decided to get pizza and salad. I had enough ww points left for the day to have two pieces of cheese pizza and a garden salad. When I got home with my dinner I decided that I was not going to let myself take my dinner upstairs and eat at my computer desk, so I popped in "Kissing Jessica Stein" and ate and relaxed. It was kind of nice to sit there for a while, and the movie was entertaining enough, but I still felt the underlying feeling of lonliness. Let me also say now that I know the movie I watched is not neccesarily a "lesbian chick flick" and that she doesn't end up being a lesbian in the end (sorry if I ruined the movie for anyone), but it made for a much more interesting title for this post, right?

So anyway, that was kind of a long and boring post, and for that I apologize, but this is my life, and hey, blogging is supposed to be real, right?

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel lonely! I love you! Do what I do in those situations... pick up Harry Potter or Twilight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. harps--great post, sorry about ur terrible week! i used to never have to pee now i hate having to get out of my cozy bed. cant believe a kid punched another in the penis--ouch!

    ReplyDelete