Tuesday, January 5, 2010

absence makes the heart grow fonder....

Sorry it has been so long since I have blogged...I guess I haven't really been motivated to write and I kinda figured, who is gonna wanna read about my boring life if I have nothing to write about? So, I took a little hiatus and didn't write for a week or so. I am back! I still don't have much to write about, but I decided I better get back at it before I break the habit and stop all together. I really wanna keep blogging, it is fun and relieves some stress, so I think it is a good habit. It is funny though that I have been home since 11 this morning (I came home sick from work...yes, I am sick again, thanks alot sister! Haha!) and I waited until now to blog, when I am supposed to be showering, cleaning my room and getting ready to meet D for dinner. I know I am sick, but I need to get out of the house for a while, there is only so much laying around a girl can do in one day! I watched the movie My Sister's Keeper today and holy crap, talk about a tear jerker! It was so sad and so good, but I have to say, it was kind of weird to see Cameron Diaz being the bitchy mother because I am so used to seeing her in roles like she played in The Sweetest Thing....you know, silly, goofy, slightly slutty, fabulous-young-20-something-blonde-chick. But, despite the change in role, she did pretty well, and I enjoyed the movie in my sudafed and tylenol drugged state.
Soo..the only exciting news I really have to share is that I bought a snowboard! Well, let me rephrase that, Dave and I bought a snowboard. He is paying for some of it as my Christmas present...he is a wonderful boyfriend :) So anyway, he bought me a helmet and wrapped it, and then that weekend we went and bought the snowboard, the boots, the bindings and goggles and a balaclava to keep my head warm! The board is really cool, it is white and green with green and black and some other color swirly things on it. It is a salomon surface. The bindings are cool too, but I can't remember what type they were, all I know is they are blue and white and they are pretty neat. (Can you tell yet that I don't really know that much about snowboarding? lol) But...the best part of the whole thing is the boots! The boots I got are Forum brand, and they were originally I think 120ish dollars. The guy at the store was like "I have been trying to sell these boots and no girls wanna buy them because they think they are ugly, but they are really amazing boots. They are size 9." SO I was like "um...ok, Ill try them on." Anyway, long story short, I tried them on, they fit, and the guy said "they are going to be 37 dollars." I was like "what!? thats amazing!" So I bought them. You are probably wondering why they are ugly. I think they are cool, but some people probably thought they were ugly because they look almost exactly like cowboy boots in the shape of snowboarding boots. They are so funny and I like them. They are brown and have the swirly things that are usually on cowboy boots. And best of all...they were cheap! Haha. Anyway, D and I are planning on going snowboarding (he will ski) this Saturday. I am hoping that I feel better, and that I don't spend the whole day on my ass! Alright, I am going to stop procrastinating now and actually put away my clean clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment