Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Home for the holidays....and back again.

Well, I haven't written in a really long time, so you would think I would have a ton to write about. I don't. Or maybe I am just feeling lazy becuase, yes, I have yet another cold and feel crappy this morning. Anyway, I am in New Jersey now at my parents' house. It is great to be home, and I feel like I am getting alot of time to see everyone. It is kind of hard though, to go from being alone the majority of the time to being with people nearly all the time. It's great though, I am certainly not complaining. Anyway, we had a really nice Christmas, my sister loved the jewelry box I made for her, and I loved all of the presents I got, including a new duvet cover, a pink jacket, lots of new clothes and some other things as well. It was a really fun Christmas. We decided this year to have a nontraditional Christmas dinner. We had picky foods first like crackers and cheese and pita chips and hummus. Then we had this really yummy baked shrimp scampi. With that we had salad and bread. It was delish! It was fun to try something different than the normal turkey or ham or beef with all the normal sides.
I went to NYC with my Califon friends a couple days after Christmas. It was crazy packed, and kind of overwhelming (NYC is SSOOOOOO much bigger than Boston, eek!) but it was really nice to see all of them. Then we went back and played board games at one of their houses. Those are the things I miss when I am in Boston, just sitting around playing board games with a good group of girl friends. I have good friends up there, but it is just different when you have been friends with people your entire life.
The other thing I am super happy about is that I have gotten to see my niece so much this week! She is soooo cute, and I get to go see her again today. It is amazing to me how different she is now than she was six months ago. She is almost four, and she is just so smart, I love asking her questions and talking to her, she can hold her own in a conversation with an adult very well. I think she is going to be a genius, but I guess I might be a little biased! :)
Anyway, I am looking forward to going back to Boston, but at the same time I am a little sad. I hate when I miss out on things that happen here, but when I am here, I miss my life up there, and especially D. I am looking forward to going back and seeing him and spending New Year's with him. Anyway, hopefully I will be back to write sooner this time, but it is possible this could be my last post of 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment