Monday, December 14, 2009

Yay! I just finished my last assignment of the semester...a 20 page paper on how text and internet language is affecting our students' literacy development! I feel happy that that is off my plate now, and now I just have to get through two more classes, one Wednesday and one Thursday, then I am done until the middle of January! Sweet!

I have decided sleep might be at a premium this week, because I have so much stuff to get done before a) Binghamton Christmas this weekend and b) New Jersey Christmas on actual Christmas. It is a busy time of the year, I suppose, and at least most of what I have to do is fun stuff, disregarding the completely annoying things such as laundry. ugh..I hate laundry. Actually, that statement is a lie. I don't mind doing laundry, in fact, I kind of like adding the soap and the satisfaction of knowing the laundry is clean when you switch it from the washer to the dryer. Its a great feeling of accomplishment. Here are the things I do hate about laundry: 1) I hate folding and putting away my clothes. If I could have someone do that for me, I would be perfectly happy to wash all the laundry in the house. 2) I HATE HATE HATE going to the laundromat. It is awful. First of all, it requires me to lug my laundry down two flights of stairs and to my car. Second, I always seem to wait until the day when it is snowing/raining/some other form of awful weather-ing, and I can never wait until the next day, when it is inevitably beautiful and sunny, because I run out of things that are pretty essential, like underwear and socks! Third, I NEVER have the coins I need, and that usually means I have to either go rooting around my house for quarters, or go to somewhere where I can get cash back, buy something, and then use the quarter machine, or go to the bank, which is located on a one way street where the parking lot is ridiculously small and hard to manage. I also am not fond of the idea of washing my clothes where hundreds of other people wash their clothes...something about the idea that I could be washing my sweater in someone else's leftover jock strap gunk really disgusts me. Anyway, that is my laundry rant for the day.

Just for a laugh, here is the story of a day in the life of a first grader, written in the language of a first grader.

FrsT i waKd up and then i go t drsd and i ward my favoort shrt and then i eetd bekfust and then i wokked to scool weth my mom and dad and then i did scool and it was fun and i had piza for luch weth chez on it and then i went hom and i playd outsid and then i went to bed and red a bok.

No comments:

Post a Comment