Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The theme of the day is....food babies!

I have decided the theme of the day is food babies. I say this because we had a staff breakfast this morning, at which I devoured deliciously indulgent things like homemade monkey bread, a blueberry muffin, and some grapes to make me feel better about the globs of butter and sugar baked into the aforementioned monkey bread. Then I had a normal lunch, ham and cheese sandwich, clementines, and a pudding..that part was fine, and a cheese stick for a snack after work. However, then I went to class tonight, and our teacher had sent us an email a couple days ago cheerfully saying we were going to "celebrate our learning!" today. I think "celebrate your learning!" is code for eat until the button pops off your pants and talk a little about the project I spent the last three months working on. (No, my button did not actually fall off). So anyway, she had told us to bring "little munchies" to eat while we "celebrated our learning". To me, this meant stopping at CVS on the way to class and picking up a bag of Stacy's pita chips, which I find delightful! Apparently I have no notion of what "little munchies" are. You should have seen the spread we had! Someone baked a layer cake with strawberries on top (which I didn't have the room in my belly to try), someone else bought a gourmet chocolate mint cake (this one I did try, yum!) and other people brought fudge, cookies and brownies. What the hell is this, a food tasting? One other girl apparently was on the same wavelength as me and brought two bags of popcorn...thank you, that is a munchie! I suppose I shouldn't be complaining about all of the culinary delights people contributed to our learning celebration, but since my stomach is cramping with sugary overload and my mouth feels cottony and parched, I am complaining. I think I have a food baby....oh well, at least they don't cry!

So....when I get to the point tonight when eating again is actually a possibility (which, knowing me will probably be an hour from now!) I am having minestrone soup for dinner.

I don't anymore sugar tonight, I don't want any bread tonight, I just want vegetables. My mother would be so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment