Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The magic of the holidays

Well, today was a bit stressful, with crazy kids at work, lots to do before I go home tomorrow, and excitement for Christmas! I don't really have much to say to update here, but I will say this, I am sooo lucky to be in a classroom with 6 year olds before Christmas. They are sooo freaking adorable! It is so sweet to see their excitement, and to know they truly believe in both Santa and the magic of the season. It makes me feel like a kid again too, and I think that is the answer to the question people always ask me. "How do you love Christmas sooo much and not seem stressed?" The answer, I think, is because I always get in touch with my 6 year old self and enjoy it for the reason they do, because it is a magical season of joy, happiness, and pure magic. Even though it has been many years since I believed in Santa, I still believe in the magic of the season, and sometimes on Christmas Eve, I like to lay in bed and pretend there is a Santa, just for fun. You should try it. Try to think about being 6 again, and imagine how it would feel to enjoy the process of buying, wrapping, giving and receiving gifts, to believe in something, and to just enjoy something for the pure reason that it is fun and magical.

:)

2 comments:

  1. We are ALWAYS on the same page. I was just talking to my sister today about how I still like to think of things like elves are working away in the North Pole right now, stressing out because they only have a couple of days to go, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's because we are friends forever!! :)

    ReplyDelete