Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas :)

So, I have found it hard to get into the Christmas spirit this year, and I think I figured out the reasons why. First, it was such a weird fall, it was warm for so long. Usually I feel Christmassy before Thanksgiving and I am in the mood by then. This year though, I felt like it was September/October weather until about two weeks ago. The second reason I think is because this fall has gone ridiculously fast! I have been so busy that it seems like all the sudden here it is a week and a half from Christmas, and I feel like I have hardly enjoyed the spirit yet. I think I finally morphed into the spirit though. When my mom was up last weekend, we went to see the Urban Nutcracker, as I said before, and then on Sunday we were walking around the Pru. When we came out of the mall, it was snowing. It was so beautiful, and we turned onto Boylston Street and strolled along with the snow floating down on us. It was amazing, so Christmassy. Then it starting raining and it all melted, and there went that flicker of Christmas spirit. This weekend, I went up to D's house in New Hampshire, where they have about a foot of snow on the ground. I could feel my spirit growing as I drove past the snowy farms listening to Christmas tunes on the radio and thinking about the Christmas shopping we were going to do. Last night we went Christmas shopping, and we spent the majority of the weekend working on a Christmas surprise for someone. Today I wrapped the Christmas presents we bought, and then we came back to Boston. I have been home for several hours, and the spirit is still with me! I think maybe I finally got into the season...jeepers, its about time!

On another related note, I have been feeling alot lately how wonderful it is to be in love during the holidays. Don't get me wrong, I love D so much all year round, and I am thankful for his love all the time, but during the holidays there is some special spark that is in the eyes of everyone who loves someone. I walk down the street and see a woman wrapped in a scarf on her tip toes in fluffy boots with a man's arms draped lovingly around her shoulders, just barely kissing her forehead, and it makes me feel so lucky that I know exactly what they are feeling at that moment, that feeling of complete satisfaction and comfort. It's wonderful. I just thought I would share that with everyone....because it is important to remember during the holidays and all the time to be thankful for the people you love, and those who love you in return.

1 comment:

  1. Tonight I watched a guy literally sweep his girlfriend off her feet outside of a grocery store. I can't say I can relate to the emotion, but it's still wonderful to see.

    ReplyDelete