Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Very Binghamton Christmas!

I spent the weekend in Binghamton with D for his extended family's Christmas celebration. They are a fun bunch, lots of laughing and talking. It was a good time! We started on Friday by going to New Hampshire to work on a Christmas surprise for someone...I can't mention it yet! We got up on Saturday morning and got ready to leave, but then someone called to come get hay, so we ended up being a bit later than expected. We finally got to Binghamton around....3? and were just in time for dinner with the family. (they didn't know that we had eaten Panera for lunch around 2 and none of us were really that hungry...but we ate anyway! Oink oink!) We opened presents and hung out for a while then watched "the movie." "The movie" I speak of is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, which has been a tradition in his family since it came out in 1989. So we watched that, and alot of us fell asleep...we are a crazy bunch. Lol, but, to be fair, it was around 11 by the time we were watching the movie, and we had been busy driving and stuff all day, so we were zonked! This morning we all went out to breakfast, and we exchanged presents with D's parents and two of his sisters. I was really happy with all of the presents I got, but the best was the mittens that D's mom knitted for me. They are gorgeous! I also loved the blue LLBean wellies with ducks on them! They are sweet! Anyway, it was a fun weekend, and a great start to the Christmas holiday...oh wait, I still have three days of work. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment