Saturday, March 27, 2010

blogging with a glass of wine...hmm

Well...as you could probably figure out from the title, I am drinking a glass (or 2) of wine while I blog tonight. I am in New Jersey spending the weekend with my family. I drove home yesterday, and I was expecting a miserable, long ride thinking about D the whole time. I was surprised that I spent alot of the drive thinking about A) how much I had to pee (luckily I stopped at a rest area and took care of that...phew), and 2) how excited I am for the triathlon. I literally cannot remember the last time I felt this excited about sports! It's awesome to be motivated...and the motivation is coming from me....which is also kinda new for me. I have done things like run 5k's and stuff like that, but usually I try to get excited about it when someone else asks if I am interested. This time the idea came from me and the motivation is coming from me! Its awesome!
I had my first really hard test of motivation today. I'm sure I will have worse times, but here is what happened today. I woke up and went at 10 to help my sister and her friends set up for her best friend's baby shower. The shower started at 11:30, the mom to be came at 12, and we left around 4. That totals 6 hours of baby shower busy-ness! Even though alot of the time was spent just sitting there watching her open presents, I still felt exhausted...partly from chasing my niece (who I will call Bean on here b/c I'm not sure if my sister wants her name on my blog) around the shower, partly from all the rich food and desserts I ate (hmm...so much for eating less sugar!) and partly from just being out and about for 6 hours socializing with people. So anyway, I came home, layed down on the couch and fell asleep. I rested and dozed for a while, and finally at 6 I realized I was trying to talk myself out of running today. I kept saying in my head that I could just do 2 workouts tomorrow, and who cares if I skip one day....these are NOT good thoughts!! Finally, I dragged my ass off the couch, put on my sneaks and went out running. I felt great and it was really good that I got it done. I haven't missed a training session yet, and I have worked hard during each workout, I haven't slacked at all. I am really proud of myself!
I am going to go relax on the couch with my parents and my glass of wine. I think I've earned it!

Tomorrow: 5 miles on the bike.

1 comment: