Saturday, June 5, 2010

Finally time to blog...

Well I finally have some time to blog...so the other day I ran 6.5 miles...which was amazing for me! The furthest I had ever run before that was 4.5....so this was a huge jump! Last night I went on a training ride with my triathlon group, and that was fun too! My training is going really well, and I love belonging to Triumph Triathlon because it gives me people to talk to about triathlons...I mean, I'm sure my family, friends and boyfriend never get sick of hearing about it (haha) but it's nice to have people who understand when I say things like "my ass was so sore I could hardly walk after that run yesterday" or "I don't think I fueled right before that ride, my stomach was churning and I had no energy." Haha...these are things that people who aren't triathletes just don't quite understand. Lol. Not to mention it's awesome to have people to chat with while drinking Sam's Summer and eating pasta and bread. It was funny last night, we all went to Bertucci's and if you saw us from across the room you probably would have thought we had just undertaken some serious workout...we were crowded around the table, wearing spandex bike shorts and jerseys. We ordered a round of beer and water...haha...and then the bread came and we started gorging ourselves on carbs. Haha...you would have thought we were carbo loading for an Ironman...but in reality we had only ridden 20 miles. Haha....it was pretty hilarious to see triathletes gathered around a table on a Friday night.

On other fronts, I am trying to decide whether I want to carry an energy gel or some energy chews with me on the bike during my tri. I have read some things about people saying they didn't need any nutrition other than water and gatorade during a sprint, and other people say they needed a powerbar or energy gel...so when I do a brick this week I am going to try taking a couple energy chews and see how I feel. I think I will only need a half a packet of GU chomps if I decide to use those, or maybe one energy gel if I decide to use that.

That's pretty much it on the training front....time to go get some cleaning and homework done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment