Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sushi for dinner and being truly happy :)

Well here it is, probably 5 or 6  days since I last blogged...sorry again...life is just getting in the way of blogging! In fact, I have so little time these days that I am multitasking (no Bry, I'm not pumping gas and talking on the phone! Haha) but I am stuffing my mouth full of sushi as I blog. Haha...anyway...the training took a bit of a back burner this weekend because I spent 18 hours driving, and probably far fewer sleeping. Last week I stayed out until almost midnight every night of the week...hey, that's what happens when you are dating a sweet guy :) and I still managed to get most of my training in. This weekend I just couldn't do it. I had other things I had to get done like babysitting and seeing friends and family. As important as training is to me, the people I love will always come first...and thats what happened this weekend. But, today I climbed back in the saddle (or should I say the pool) and swam 1000 yards...or for those of you who don't swim...40 laps. It felt great to be training agian, and I am really looking forward to a 4 or 5 mile run tomorrow. Wow...never thought I would hear those words come out of my mouth...crazy! Haha...I am also excited because I get to see Bryan tomorrow and we are going to get strings for my guitar so I can master ode to joy and be a rocker chick! Hahah....ok...maybe not a rocker chick...but ode to joy is a start...right? Haha. Anyway...I cant believe the triathlon is 39 days away..that's pretty scary for me...but I think I have trained hard so far and plan to continue..and I have alot of people saying they are going to come support me...so I am really getting excited! If this month of working full time, going to class 3 nights a week, training for a triathlon and spending time with my wonderful boyfriend so he doesn't decide to dump me, then I will be in good shape come July! Anyway...the sushi is almost gone, and I don't have much else to write, but I will try to write again  tomorrow.

Oh! One more thing...I saw a guy I know from my triathlon group tonight at the pool. It felt great to see someone I know, it made me feel like an athlete and like part of something bigger. It was awesome.   :)

I can honestly say I haven't felt this happy in a LOOONG time.   :)

1 comment: