Wednesday, May 26, 2010

sorry!

So sorry that it has been forever since I last blogged!!! I promise I haven't given up on triathlons, I am still goin strong! In fact, this weekend I ran 4.5 miles in 48 minutes. This is the farthest I have EVER run, so that was pretty awesome! I also had personal training on Monday and my trainer had me running intervals on the treadmill that got up to 8.5! I'm not sure how fast this is in mph...if anyone knows, let me know, but I do know it's f*#$ing fast! Haha. He then had me doing squats, and today, 2 days later, I can hardly walk. I think I look like a duck. It's pretty hilarious actually! Haha. I have been so busy running around the city having a social life...with my new boyfriend :)  Things are great with him and I am super happy. We are having so much fun getting to know each other better while we explore the city. He's like my personal tour guide..he takes me all these places I haven't explored yet. It's great :) I know some people are worried that now I won't make time for my training or that I will just give up...but fear not doubters! I am in the world of tri for good! I love the sport and I am not going to let my social life take me away from my passion for this sport. This is something I am doing for me...and one thing I like so much about my new guy...he enjoys talking about...well, it's mostly me talking about triathlons. Haha...I think I am slightly obsessed with this sport...it's kinda funny. People who know me know by now that if they get me started I am gonna talk for a long time...it's amazing how interesting wetsuits and running shoelaces can be. Haha! I was reading Brybrarobry's blog and he is collecting money for his beer fund. Haha...I think this is an awesome idea, he just added a paypal spot on his blog and people can donate money. I want to do this too, but not for beer. I really need a wetsuit and I need to start saving for a bike if I am going to stay with this sport...which I plan on doing. I only have 9 followers though...so I don't really think I have enough people reading my blog to actually raise money for anything. So, here is my shameless sales pitch for my blog:

Help out an aspiring triathlete with big dreams and a small wallet! After all, I spend my days shaping the minds of the young people of our society...some may call this being a teaching assistant. I call it a great job that pays shit. If you donate to my blog I will thank you....I don't have much to offer in terms of prizes or anything, but I would be happy to send you a beautiful commemorative photo of me using the equipment I buy with your money! I will even throw in a free bike ride or walk with me and an afternoon filled with laughter and smiles...what could be better than donating your hard earned money to a young triathlete and getting nothing in return? Haha! Donate now...or maybe I should say donate as soon as I can figure out how the hell to get a paypal thing on my blog...and expect your commemorative photo within several years of your donation date! I am accepting cash or check sent to my house...email me for the address, or credit card donations on the blog...again, once I can figure out how that shenanigans works.

Hmm...well, it worked for Bryan Payne...perhaps it will work for me too?

No comments:

Post a Comment