Saturday, May 1, 2010

Contaminated water...and a practice Tri

Before I start talking about my training...let me just say I make a damn good date...I buy snacks at the movies...I let myself watch the movie without worrying about trying to hold my hand or makeout during the good parts...Don'tcha hate that?...and it wasn't awkward at the end of the night...I just took myself home :) Hahah..anyway...I stuck to my goal of getting up early this morning to go swimming...ok, so it wasn't THAT early, but 9:00 is early after being up past midnight on a hot date! So I got up, and went to the pool. I ended up doing my whole swim in the morning because I just didn't feel like going back later in the day...it was so beautiful I wanted to be outside. So I did my swim, and then I heard this guy in the next lane talking about something to do with triathlons...and seeing as I am now obsessed, I asked him what he was talking about....talk about nosy, huh!? Haha...he told me about this club online called meetup...its like an online place where you can join clubs for things you are interested in near you. The one that he was talking about was called Triumph Triathletes...and it's a place where triathletes near Boston talk and meet up to train together. I was super excited, so when I got home I joined the group! Turns out, tomorrow there is a training for the whole sprint triathlon experience at Walden Pond at 7 AM. We will practice swimming, transition 1, biking, transition 2, and running...so basically the whole tri. I might not do the swim if I can't find anyone to lend me a wetsuit, because the water in Walden is about 57-60F right now, which is waaaaayy too chilly for not having a wetsuit! But that's ok, if I don't swim I will still do the rest. It will be good experience to get up super early and go through the whole process. I'm pretty excited. Now let me move onto the not so exciting news...there was a huge water main break in Weston, and so all of the surrounding areas are in a boil order for their water because of possible contamination. Of course the water main broke around 11 this morning, and I heard about it around 4:30. This is after I had been drinking tons of tap water that I had packed in my water bottles for the day....awesome. Let's hope I don't get sick...that would just suck. I'm trying not to think about it...I'm trying to focus on the excitement for the practice tomorrow...and also I have been watching Bryan Payne on Ironman St. George everytime I was home today..now I'm excitedly watching the finish line because I saw that he passed the 20 mile point...so I think he should be crossing the line within the next hour or hour and a half! Exciting! Anyway...I'm gonna go pack my bag...then watch Bryan finish the IM and then head to bed!! I'll blog more tomorrow about how the practice went.

No comments:

Post a Comment