Thursday, May 6, 2010

sick day!

I stayed home from work today. After feeling really nauseous and sick all day yesterday, and not falling asleep until really late because of it, I just decided why torture myself and pop pepto bismol just to get through work when I still have about 5 sick days left for the year? So, I stayed home. I ate a yogurt when I first woke up around 7, then started feeling nauseous again so I went back to bed. I slept until 10, woke up, and felt hungry. I ate an english muffin with peanut butter...felt ok, still kind hungry, so I ate a banana. That was about 20 minutes ago and so far I feel ok..not nauseous yet. Let's hope I am getting better. I really dont want to miss another workout today, so I am hoping this was some sort of 24 hour virus and that I will keep feeling better as the day goes on.

Bryan posted something really inspiring today. His post is all about enjoying the experience of triathlon instead of thinking of the actual race as a destination. He talks about how when he was preparing for Ironman China, he didn't drink beer, he didn't eat crappy foods, he trained a ton, and then he had the worst race of his life because he got a virus/food poisoning and had to DNF. Then he trained for IMSG, and he drank beer, ate some crappy food, trained less and enjoyed the experience, and the race was amazing! He talks about how he feels like this was a good lesson for him to learn, because now he knows to enjoy the experience and not just think of the tri as a destination. If you want to check out his actual post, where this whole thing is written much better, check it out here: http://trainingpayne.blogspot.com. Bryan is probably going to start thinking I am stalking him because I keep mentioning him in my blog and saying to go read his post. I hope you don't mind Bryan, I just find your blog inspiring and want to share it!

Anyway, my plan for the day is to relax for a few more hours...see how I feel. Then if I feel ok I plan to either take a slow jog or slow bike ride. I also have aerobics tonight, so if I don't feel good enough to workout earlier, at least I will get some exercise in aerobics. Let's hope this goes as planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment