Monday, May 10, 2010

M.O.M's run 5k road race

Yesterday I ran the M.O.M's run 5k road race. I had set a goal for myself of coming in under 32 minutes. I ran hard the whole time and felt good pretty much the whole time, except when I was running up the big hill! Haha....but...I made my time! My final time was 31:57. Haha...I made it by 3 seconds! I am so happy that I reached my goal, and I am proud of myself because I see a difference between my running a few months ago and my running now. Not only am I faster, but I am also better able to think about how I am feeling during the run and adjust accordingly. In the past I would have just said to myself "I feel tired" and I would have slowed way down or walked...now, if I feel like crap I slow down for a few seconds, catch my breath, regroup and then speed back up, or I just run through it and it usually goes away. It's pretty cool to be able to do that now. Anyway, sorry this is a short post, but I have to get to work!

1 comment:

  1. hey harps! just read a bunch of your posts, that's awesome that you met up with a biking group. Sounds like u are kicking butt!!! love goose

    ReplyDelete