Monday, June 7, 2010

Things I Learned This Week...

Here is a list of things I have learned in the past week or so:

1) A marathon is no longer a ridiculously crazy thing that only "crazy athletes" can do...I actually can see myself running a marathon sometime in the future.

2) I LIKE running. What the hell is that about!? I have always hated running!

3) When running up a large hill, it is best to do one of three things: 1) blog in my head...this solved two problems...I don't have to think when I blog later, and I get up the hill without thinking about it. 2) Stare at the sidewalk about 5 feet in front of me. This keeps me from staring up the hill and thinking about how much further I have to go. 3) Practice chords on the air guitar...haha...this sounds hilarious, but really, it works! Today I was practicing what Bryan taught me this weekend, and I got up a big hill before I even really thought about it!

4) I can run faster and farther than I ever thought I could. Last week I ran 6.5 miles, and today I ran 5km in 30:30. That is a minute and a half faster than I ran the same course a month ago. I am impressed with my progress. Go me!

5) Cold beer tastes amazingly wonderful after biking 20 miles. It's like an orgasm in your mouth. There is no other way to describe it. Oh, and triathletes will find any reason to "carbo load" with Bertucci's bread...even if it means pretending we need it after riding only 20 miles. Haha!

6) A few months ago a "short run" meant like 2 minutes of running and then walking for 10 minutes. Tonight I only had time for a "short run" and it was 3.2 miles. I find that pretty F*$#@#$ amazing.

and last, but not least....

5) When given the choice between running now or running at 5 AM tomorrow, I will always pick now. 5 AM and I are not friends.

2 comments:

  1. Orgasm in your mouth, I think that must be a girl term. hahaha.

    Good work on the gains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...yeah, maybe it is a "girl term". Haha, it's funny though!

    ReplyDelete