Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I'm dreaming...of exercise?

Happy Wednesday! Well, in my case it was rainy, cold, slightly miserable Wednesday, but for the sake of the blog and my own sanity, let's pretend it was sunny, 75 degrees and that everything in my life was perfectly peachy! I didn't train today, because I took the day as my mandatory once a week day off. I am having a hard time identifying myself these days...I used to dread the days I HAD to work out...now I find it hard to force myself to take a day off! Where the hell did that transformation come from? Today I told myself I would take the day off from training, since I had a late night of emotional stress last night and then was really tired today and I don't have too much planned for the weekend so I figure I can get in some good long workouts those days. So, I fully enjoyed my day off by taking a long nap and relaxing from the time I got home from work until I had to go to class. I also indulged in a peanut butter brownie for dessert...oops. Haha! However, even though I have to say I REALLY enjoyed my nap and didn't want to get up, I did have a hard time laying down, because I kept saying to myself "maybe I'll just got for a quick run" or "hmm..maybe I should do my strength training today". It's crazy! I am becoming an athlete...I know I keep saying that, but it's still absurd to me...I thought my "athletic" days ended after high school when I stopped cheerleading and softball. Apparently it's never too late to become an athlete again! My trainer called me last night and apologized a ton for missing our appointment today. He said he had accidentally thought it was next week. He called me today again and we rescheduled for next Wednesday. I am pumped, I love training when someone is telling me what to do. It takes out all of the mental energy of having to think of what exercises to do. Tomorrow I plan to go for a run..possibly at the gym, depending on how cold it is. I am saving my long bike ride for the weekend because it is supposed to be warm and beautiful. I am also saving both swim sessions for the weekend, mostly because I haven't had the time so far this week to get to the pool when it is actually open. I plan to do both swims on the same day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon on Saturday. I know I am supposed to leave one day in between sessions of the same exercise, but that's just not gonna work this week, so I figure getting them both in is better than not at all. Here are the things I have planned for the weekend (I'm hoping that if I write them down I will actually get them all done!)
1) swim workouts- Saturday AM and PM
2) Strength training workouts- Friday PM and Sunday (either AM or PM)
3) long bike ride- Sunday
4) Apply for jobs for the summer and next year (ugh!!!)
5) Do my final paper for my class (double ugghhhh!!!!!)
6) clean up my room- Friday night maybe? (I know, you wish you were me)
7) Hopefully stay busy enough that I don't spend too much time wallowing in missing a certain someone. :(
8) Oh...and of course spend lots of time procrastinating by obssesively reading about and watching things about triathlons! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment