Monday, April 5, 2010

Keeping up with the 4 year olds.

Sorry it has been a while since I posted last. I have been home all weekend and chasing around Bean (my niece's pseudonym) all weekend. I have been working out though! Don't worry, I didn't give up. I came home Thursday night and got here around 1 am. Friday I didn't get to workout, which is ok, because that was my planned recovery day anyway. Oh, I forgot to mention I drove home straight from swimming and dance aerobics...yes, I was sweaty...it's fine. Anyway, I got my exercise on Friday from chasing Bean around an easter egg hunt/petting zoo, and helping my sister watch her for the rest of the day. My sister and Bean stayed over all weekend, which was nice, because I got to see alot of them. It was also exhausting...I don't know how parents take care of 4 year olds...they are sooo energetic, and I like to think I am an energetic adult...but I can hardly keep up with her all day! Anyway, on Saturday I had a bridal shower to go to for my friend from college, so I had to get up early to get my run in. I ran and then went to the shower. After the shower, my friend and I walked around Kutztown (our college town) and had dinner at the tavern we always used to go to. It was so nice, it made me want to go back to college. We talked about the fact that at the time we didn't realize how great life was in college, we thought we were all stressed out and we couldn't wait to be done and get a job. WHY!?? College was a breeze, it was fun, and all of our friends were right there within walking distance. Not so anymore. :( Anyway, that was quite a rant. Haha. Sunday I went for a bike ride and a run, because I wanted to see how my legs felt on the transition from biking to running. Let's just say whoa. Hopping off a bike and running is like removing the bones from your legs and running on jelly. I felt like I would never run in a straight line again. It was pretty crazy. It was a good experience though, because obviously I have to get used to that since transition is a big part of a triathlon. So anywho, that was yesterday (Happy Easter, by the way!) and today I am packing up and heading back to Boston. Depending on when I get back I may workout today, or I may take today as my off day for this week...I haven't decided yet.
(And yes, I realize the title of this post is not as snazzy as "Keeping up With the Kardashians" but I had to at least try.)

No comments:

Post a Comment