Sunday, April 11, 2010

nicely manicured triathlete..hmmm.

I'm sorry, it's been a while again! I don't really know who I am apologizing to, I don't know who reads this, but I like to assume I have seven billion readers (hah!) and that they feel sad when I don't blog. So anyway, I haven't blogged in a while because this week was ridiculous, and I haven't been feeling great. I have yet to figure out if I had a virus or if it was all stress and lack of sleep related, but I was having dizzy spells, stomach aches and exhaustion. Add to this alot of other things going on that I don't really want to blog about, plus long days, and you can possibly see why I haven't blogged in a week. But anyway, I'm back, as are my workouts. I tried to get in as many as I could this week, but ended up missing one or two and kind of ad libbing the rest. I just couldn't work full out this week, everytime I ran I felt extremely nauseous, and my body just felt sick. So, I decided that since it is so early in my plan and since I am stretching the plan longer than it really is, that one week of less intensity would be better in the long run, and my body could heal. Today was the first day of the week that I really worked out hard. I went on a bike ride to the Charles River and then locked up my bike and ran for about 30 minutes by the river. Well, I ran and walked...I still can't really run for 30 minutes without dying..haha. Anyway, that was my workout today, and tomorrow I plan to get back on the right/real workouts for the plans. In other triathlon news, I have read almost 2 triathlon books in the past day and a half...and watched about a million youtube videos...you might call me obsessed, I call it healthy passion? Hmm. That's about all I have to say today...I'm not really in the mood to write a super long blog and ramble forever like I sometimes do...oh, but one more story to explain the title of this post. I came home today from working out and realized I had broken three nails...my pointer, middle, and ring on my right hand. I don't know how I managed to do this while biking and running, and I don't remember any specific situation that left me saying "shit, I broke a nail!" but, alas, I did. I guess my dream of being a nicely manicured triathlete has gone out the window. Ok, so that wasn't a dream of mine, but it would have been nice to have pretty fingers while I sweat like a pig, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment