Friday, April 23, 2010

my first "injury"

So I have been pretty busy during my vacation..mostly doing fun things like spending time with family and training, but also doing some boring stuff like getting my oil changed, doing laundry and attempting to apply for some jobs. I have managed to do some great training while I have been home, but I hit a snag the other day. I injured my right hamstring while I was strength training the other day. It doesn't feel too bad, it hurts when I step forward in my stride to walk or run and I feel twinges while biking. I iced it the first night, and then took yesterday off to let it rest for a day. today I decided to try my regular ride and see how it went. I went 10 miles on the bike and it felt pretty good. I had some twinges when I came out of the saddle to hammer up the hills, but other than that it was not too bad. I stretched when I got home, and it is tender, but so far I don't think I did any more damage today by using it. Tomorrow will be interesting because I am going to try running and see how that feels. Let's hope for the best! I can't be injured yet, I feel like I just started!! Anywho, that's about all that's going on here. I found a new blog I like reading...its trainingpayne/blogspot.com. It's about this triathlete and it is pretty inspiring and interesting. Check it out if you get a chance. Also, if you haven't checked this out yet, do it! The triathlon song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMvX6zRYgw8 Sorry I still don't know how to make that link active, so just paste it in your browser! Ok, time to shower and off for sushi with the girls tonight :) I'll post tomorrow about how the run went.

No comments:

Post a Comment